Are you in the mood to bake? I know I am. With the sun shining through my window it reminds me that winter is nearly over and spring is right around the corner. This is inspiring, exciting, and the perfect excuse to make bright, colorful, sweet treats in the kitchen!
I love this recipe for Spring Trix Treats because it is easy, eye-catching, festive, fun, and delicious.
- 1 box of Trix cereal
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of butter
- parchment paper
- Place the bag of mini marshmallows and ¼ cup butter into a large bowl and place in the microwave for a minute. Stir, and continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Pour the Trix cereal into the large bowl with the marshmallow mixture and mix well. Be sure to coat all of the cereal in the marshmallows.
- Place the mixture into a 9×13 pan, place a sheet of parchment paper on top, and press down firmly to even out the cereal across the whole pan.
- Do not try to pull up the parchment paper the mixture will be extremely sticky, simply put it in the fridge to cool and harden.
- After at least 30 minutes in the fridge, you can remove the parchment paper from the Trix treats and cut them into squares or other shapes for serving.