This time of year I love making sweet treats. A family favorite in the summer is s’mores. That’s why I thought it would be fun to give this easy indoor s’mores bars recipe a try.
Whether it’s a hot summer day or your stuck inside on a cold winter night, this recipe is sure to get lots of smiles. You really can’t go wrong with graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. It would be great to bring to school parties or get togethers as well. So delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 Cups graham crackers, crushed
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Chocolate Filling
- 2 Cups chocolate chips
- 1 Can(14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Marshmallow topping
- ¼ Cup butter, softened
- 1 Jar (7oz) marshmallow crème
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg (16oz) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients for the crust and press them into a 9×9 baking dish lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a double boiler, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until melted and smooth. *If double boiler is unavailable, microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring in between each burst.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cooled graham cracker crust and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, marshmallow cream, milk and vanilla. On medium speed beat until combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar, beating well in between each addition.
- Spread marshmallow topping over fudge and place under in oven under the broiler to allow for marshmallow topping to brown.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing and serving.
What about you? What is your favorite treat to enjoy all year round?