One of Kora & Logan’s favorite school snacks is store bought mini-muffins. I have to admit to buying them a lot this year because they are so easy to grab and pack into their backpacks for school snack time. While they love the muffins and I’m satisfied that they are filling enough snacks, I’m not happy about the long lists of ingredients with unpronounceable words on the packaging.
So in my quest to serve healthier foods, I decided to make Easy Pancake Mini Muffins. The recipe actually turned out to be incredibly easy and Kora & Logan enjoyed helping me with it. They couldn’t get over that we actually used pancake mix and put maple syrup into the muffin batter. They were also excited to see that I chopped fresh strawberries and included blueberries in the muffins mix too.
After the muffin cooled we all gave them a try and were thrilled to find them delicious! This simple recipe is now one of our favorites and I’m happy to have made something just a bit healthier, but still just as fun and filling, for school snack time.
Easy Pancake Mini Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups of pancake mix
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour batter into mini-muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with butter or pack into a backpack to enjoy later.