Do you ever have those days when the kids get home from school and you don’t feel like camping out in the kitchen all evening making dinner? I do. A lot. While I enjoy cooking and baking, I love simple recipes that don’t take a long time to prepare or have a long ingredient list.
That’s why I was excited when this Easy Lazy Day Lasagna dish turned out so wonderfully the other day. It’s cheesy, gooey, and tastes just as good as the real thing!
The step that takes the longest is browning the meat, which makes me happy to serve something so hearty, filling, and flavorful that doesn’t require hours of my time. I was so thrilled with how this recipe turned out that I made it again a few nights later.
I recommend giving this dish a try on a busy weeknight or if you are enjoying a lazy weekend. It’s perfect for the upcoming chilly fall and winter nights ahead and when you serve it with some garlic bread it’s sure to be a big hit.
Easy Lazy Day Lasagna
- 12 no boil or oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 13 X 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large skillet brown ground beef
- Spread 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking pan
- Lay 6 noodles over top the sauce
- Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese
- Spoon 1/2 the ground beef on top and spread evenly
- Sprinkle 1/3 the mozzarella cheese across the top
- Repeat the layers
- Top with last 1/3 of the sauce and last 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese
- Place in oven for 25 min
- Serve warm with garlic bread
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: