With Easter around the corner I wanted to make an easy recipe that wouldn’t take long to prepare and would be fun and festive. I decided to make something the kids could help with and then it hit me – cookie balls would be perfect! They love getting messy and rolling, dipping, and sprinkling cookie balls is always a good time for everyone.
I started with a basic cookie ball recipe but mixed it up a bit. I decided to use Oreo Minis with Reese’s for a little peanut buttery flavor. I liked how easy it was to crush up the mini cookies with the rolling pin too.
This recipe was a hit however, I do admit we all need a little practice with our cookie ball rolling skills as well as dipping. It is a fun recipe to make in the kitchen with kids and the clean up is minimal (always important for me!) and they are cookie balls which are always a delicious chocolatey treat!
- 1 box (13 oz) Oreo Minis with Reese’s
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Easter sprinkles
- Put cookies into a large Ziploc bag and seal shut. Roll a rolling pin on top of the bag back and forth crumbling the cookies
- Put the crumbled cookies into a big mixing bowl
- Spoon in the cream cheese and mix well.
- Using your hands form the mixture into balls and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Put the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high power in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If not melted, place back into the microwave for 20 seconds and stir again. Repeat until melted.
- Remove cookie balls from freezer and dip into melted chocolate. Use a fork to remove and place into the baking pan
- Once all the balls are dipped, working quickly start sprinkling. If you can have someone help and sprinkle for you as you dip that would be ideal, the chocolate hardens quickly.
- Place back into the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove when solid and enjoy!