This post is sponsored by Cans Get You Cooking.
As a busy mom, I’m always looking for convenient and quick recipe ideas. Whether it’s breakfast, dinner, or dessert I like to make dishes that are delicious and only take a few minutes to prepare. That’s why I am excited to be a Cans Get You Cooking Ambassador or “Canbassador.”
Our pantry is always full of canned food and often I find myself with the door open pondering what combination will make a great dinner or a surprise dessert. I’ve found that having our pantry stocked saves time and when I have a variety of canned items on hand, it makes it easier to pull together a quick, flavorful dish or meal.
I was interested to learn that 73% of Americans throw away spoiled fruits and vegetables on average two times a week. I have to admit that this does apply to us. For some reason our refrigerator has something against cucumbers. Every time we buy them they go into the fridge excited to soon be a part of a refreshing and summery dish, and the next time I see them, they’ve spoiled. That’s why I like cooking with cans, for me, there’s less worry of anything going bad.
As a Canbassador I was challenged to make a recipe from a provided list of canned items. While I enjoy making meals and side dishes with items from my “Cantry” I was in the mood for a yummy dessert recently. When I saw NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk on the list, I immediately went to the Very Best Baking site to find a scrumptious brownie recipe.
I hit the jackpot when I read the recipe for the Chocolate Caramel Brownies. Dave offered to run out to our local Giant Eagle to pick up the evaporated milk and other ingredients. I enlisted my helpers in unwrapping the caramels, pouring, and mixing.
It’s a great recipe that I would make again for dessert and for family get togethers. The kids and Dave thought it was a hit as well and we recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic, quick, and flavorful dessert. .
I’m excited about this recipe and the giveaway below!
Easy Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 1 package (18.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 35 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup of NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix and 2/3 cup of evaporated milk in a large mixing bowl. Stir in butter.
- Spread half the batter in a greased 13×9 baking pan. Batter will be thick. Spray cooking spray onto a spatula to help spread it evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining evaporated milk and caramels in a small saucepan over low heat until the caramels are melted.
- Sprinkle morsels over brownie & drizzle with caramel mixtures.
- Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture and use spatula to spread.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the center is set.
- Let cool, cut, and enjoy!
Enter to win a Cans Get You Cooking Prize Pack – 2 Winners!
Prize Pack includes:
- $25 American Express Gift Card
- Cans Get You Cooking Tote Bag
- Cans Get You Cooking Apron
- Can Opener
To enter use the Rafflecopter form below.
Coupons and compensation were provided. The honest opinions are my own.