This past week I was given the amazing opportunity to attend the Disney Sports Festival ESPN Wide World of Sports Social Media Moms Fam Tour. Since I’m a health & fitness and sports lover I was thrilled to be invited to this event.
Airfare, accommodations, meals, park tickets, and gift items were provided.
Having been to Walt Disney World a few times in the past few years, I’m also a big fan of the Disney Parks. I thought I knew almost everything about them. This tour however proved me wrong and made me realize how much the ESPN Wide World of Sports has to offer. I can’t wait to sharing everything I learned in an in-depth post on Monday.
Until then, Disney kindly gave us access to these three videos of our days spent on the tour. They do a wonderful job of capturing the highlights of the tour and give you an insider look at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.
If you’re looking for me in the videos, in the first two I’m in a light blue top and black shorts.
In this first video keep an eye out for:
- “The Voice” Kevin Corke announcing each blogger & their blog in a lineup style broadcast as we enter the ESPN Grill
- Interview with the Senior Vice President of Downtown Disney and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex – Tom Wolber
- Interview with Director of Marketing & Communications Disney Sports – Farron Kelly
- A fun photo session with Mickey Mouse in his baseball uniform
In this second video you’ll see:
- The ESPN Wide World of Sports OfficeMax Business Center where you can use the computers, print, scan, charge your devices, make cheer cards and more all for free
- The Josten Center & basketball games
- The Custom Tee Center & a look at the custom tees we received
- The Welcome Center – learn the number of families who compete at ESPN Wide World of Sports that have never been to Disney before
- Game Day Photos & packages
- Our green screen photo session with Goofy – I’ll share my “after” photos in Monday’s post
- Disney International Cup Soccer – lots and lots of soccer players & fields!
- Ali and Andy from New Balance sharing insight into the new partnership
- Champion Field where kids can play on the same field that the Atlanta Braves hold spring training
- Presentation from Tim Schneider of Sports Travel Magazine
The third video is of Day 2 and if you’re looking for me I’m in a runDisney black shirt, black shorts, and New Balance shoes with fluorescent green laces in the run and after I’m in a navy blue top and khaki shorts.
In this video keep watch for:
- Our runDisney Fun Run around Epcot World Showcase with special appearances by Princess Minnie, Snow White, Dopey, and Rapunzel
- What Epcot World Showcase and The Boardwalk look like nearly empty
- A drawing where two bloggers each won a pair of the yet to be released 2014 New Balance runDeisney shoes
- The Disney Sports Festival Center Tent with big screen tv, misting fans & tents, Team Mom check-in, a bounce house obstacle course
- Two dad bloggers competing in an unpacking challenge
- A look inside the ESPN Wide World of Sports broadcasting control center
- A discussion about fundraising
- A tour of the Art of Animation Resort with insider info
- Lunch made by the chef from the Animal Kingdom Resort
- A Swiss Breakfast Cereal recipe demo
- A talk about what ESPN Wide World of Sports has to offer youth teams
- A Q&A with Audra of the Disney Moms Panel ESPN Wide World of Sports Specialist
- Our farewell dinner complete with bowling, billiards, and music at Splitsville in Downtown Disney
These videos offer a great glimpse at everything we did while on the tour. I’ll publish a post sharing my personal experience on the tour with lots of photos and possibly a video or two of my own on Monday so keep an eye out for that. I had a fantastic time at the event and learned so much about the ESPN Wide World of Sports that I can’t wait to share it all with you!