Today was the final day of Disney Social Media Moms 2012. It has been such an incredible event that I’m sad to see it come to an end. We paid the conference fee and had such an unforgettable trip, I’m excited to share our experience.
I had a fantastic time meeting and re-connecting with many blogger friends, getting to know the Disney special events team behind all the magic, learning from fantastic speakers, enjoying fabulous dinners, and experiencing the Disney World parks with my children and family.
This morning started off with extra conference sessions. We had the option to choose from 10 incredible sessions and I wish I could have attended them all. The beauty of Disney Social Media Moms though, is that we get to follow along with the other bloggers/conference attendees on Twitter at the hashtag #DisneySMMoms while they took part in their sessions, so it’s like we there ourselves.
I selected Disney Parks Social Media Creativity – “Fire & Ice” where I had the chance to meet the Disney Parks Social Media Director and chief blogger, Thomas Smith, and Disney’s Social Media Managing Editor, Gary Buchanan or “Wacky Gary.”
I came away with a new appreciation for Disney’s social media team and can’t wait to browse the Disney Parks Blog and other Disney social media accounts for park & resort announcements, news, sneak peeks, and more.
- Disney’s social media purpose can be summed up by a quote from Walt Disney, “A place where people find happiness and knowledge.” They also added that they want channels where people can create, share, and connect.
- What keeps the Disney social media team driving forward and trying new things is curiosity.
- Everyone in social media should be asking, “What if?” and “Why not?”
- “If you’re coasting it means your going downhill.” – Walt Disney
- Getting better it doesn’t always mean bigger. It’s in the details.
- When you’re having fun there’s no telling how far you will go.
- “Ideas come from curiosity.” – Walt Disney
After the Fire & Ice Session, I met up with my family who had been visiting the parks while I was away. They went to Hollywood Studios and had a fantastic time.
Since it was now late afternoon and temperatures were already reaching 90, we decided it was the perfect time to go for a swim. The Yacht Club pools are truly incredible and we could have spent an entire day or more splashing around in them.
After our swim, we cleaned up and got ready for dinner. We boarded buses and were taken to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. From the moment I saw it listed on the itinerary, I couldn’t wait for this dinner.
The Art of Animation Resort looked incredible and so imaginative online that I couldn’t wait to see it in person. It doesn’t open until May 31st, so I was thrilled to get this sneak peak and to share it with my family.
We had a fantastic time at this dinner and it was the perfect ending to the perfect Disney trip. While the Disney Social Media Moms 2012 Celebration has come to an end, we are excited to be extended our stay with Global Resort Homes.
We’ll be able to enjoy the Disney parks and plan on visiting Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios until our hearts content. It’s been a wonderful vacation and I’m so thankful for this opportunity to enjoy it with my family, Disney, and all of the other bloggers.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:
- Disney Social Media Moms 2012: Day 2 – Fantasy Land Sneak Peek, Speakers, and Animal Kingdom Dinoland Family Dinner
- Disney Social Media Moms 2012: Day 1 – Cocktail Party and Swashbuckler Soiree
- Disney Social Media Moms 2012: We’re Going!