Disney’s Frozen is out on DVD and Blu-ray and kids everywhere are so excited. I know Kora & Logan can’t wait to see it and I thought it would be fun to plan a viewing party for them. Decorating the party in a frozen ice theme with blue decorations would be a nice touch. They’d be thrilled if we served Frozen recipes too like these cute ice blue cookies.
I love these chocolate covered cookies. They are eye-catching and fun and sure to get a lot of smiles. They are really easy to make too. Simply dip your favorite sandwich cookies into melted blue Wilton dipping candy and then top with Wilton blue ice crystals or chopped blue striped candy canes.
- 20 Chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
- 12 oz. Wilton blue candy melts
- Wilton blue ‘ice’ crystals OR blue and white candies, crushed
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the blue candy melts in 30 second increments. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool 2-3 minute before dipping the cookies.
- Dip one cookie at a time in the light blue chocolate completely covering. Lift out with a fork and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Lay the cookie on wax paper or a foil lined sheet.
- Sprinkle the cookie with the blue ‘ice’ crystals after dipping. The chocolate will harden acting like glue holding the crystals in place.
- Repeat this process with the other cookies. Once they are all coated and sprinkled let them set in the fridge for 20-25 minutes to completely set.
*Makes 20 servings. 1 cookie = 1 serving
*Store in an airtight container 1-2 weeks or you can also freeze for several months.
What about you? What is your favorite Frozen recipe? Or what recipe do you like to serve at parties?