It’s the end of March and I’m excited to say that some of our flowers are starting to come up! Some even have a bit of color to them. Even though we got hit with yet another bad snowstorm last night to cover them all up, the sun is shining today and I know the snow won’t last long. We are finally heading into spring and thinking of pretty flowers, green grass, sunshine, and warm temps makes me very happy.
It’s the perfect time of year to keep thinking spring and to make these cute bunny tail cookies. These cookies are sure to be met with lots of smiles when you serve them. They are great for an after school surprise, a school spring party, a potluck, a family birthday, and even an office party.
Enjoy and happy spring!
- 20 Nutter Butter cookies
- 12 oz. Wilton white candy melts
- 10 large large marshmallows
- 10 mini pink marshmallows
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the white candy melts in 30 second increments. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted.
- Let cool 2-3 minute before dipping the cookies.
- While the chocolate is cooling, use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut each mini marshmallow in half for the bunny tails and set aside. Next, cut both ends off the large marshmallows. You will need 2 ends for each Nutter Butter bunny. Set aside.
- Next, dip one cookie at a time in the white chocolate evenly coating both sides. Life out with a fork and let the excess chocolate drip off the cookie. Lay on wax paper or a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Place a pink marshmallow half on the bottom of the cookie for a tail. Next, place (2) marshmallow ‘ears’ sticky side down at the top of the cookie (the chocolate will hold it in place and harden once they set).
- Finally, use your fingers to sprinkle coconut flake onto the cookie before the chocolate sets making the bunny’s fur.
- Repeat this process with the other cookies.
*Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. Makes 20 cookies and 1 cookie = 1 serving.
What about you? What’s one of your favorite spring recipes?