Gift cards provided. The honest opinions are my own.
We’ve had a fantastic holiday season. We’ve enjoyed spending a lot of time with family, giving gifts, and enjoying delicious food. That’s why I was excited to see the wonderful selection of holiday items at ALDI this year. Here’s a look at some of our favorite festive items.
- Baker’s Corner Holiday Sprinkles – Kora & Logan love putting sprinkles on their pancakes so these made them very happy
- Specially Selected Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries – I couldn’t get enough of these. They were delicious, flavorful, and gone in two days
- Choceur Peppermint Bark – I consider myself a bit of a peppermint bark connoisseur and this was one of the best I’ve had. The bark was delicious and the tin it came in was really cute.
- Choceur Chocolate Coins – Kora & Logan thought these were so neat! It was fun to see their eyes light up as they unwrapped the chocolate and it brought back memories of eating chocolate coins as a kid.
- Choceur Belgian Seashells – These were elegant and unique. They’d make the perfect gift for any beach or sea-lover.
Shopping at Aldi this time of year has been fun. The aisles are always filled with such a wide variety of products at great prices.
Dave and I picked up two bottles of wine for a family Christmas party. We were impressed with the selection of wine at ALDI and the prices were great too. We bought a Walker Napa Valley Red Wine and a 2009 Toscana Red Wine.
Everyone thought that the wine was great, even my father in law, who is a wine connoisseur went right for the Walker and said this is a great wine. The Walker is a red blend of Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon with flavors of cherry, blackberry, raspberry, black pepper and vanilla. A very unique and delicious blend. The Toscana was a great wine to mix in as well, very flavorful and well done. Both wines totaled about the price that I would normally pay for a good bottle of wine, making them not only delicious wines, but a great price as well.
Dave usually does all the wine buying in our house but one of the reasons I like buying wine at ALDI is because they make it really easy for shoppers to understand the wines. The labels give an idea of the weight of the wine as well as whether they are dry or sweet. The bottles also offer a number of descriptions regarding the wine’s character.
We enjoyed our Christmas party with ALDI wines so much that we are hoping to plan something for New Year’s as well. We are looking forward to also trying the Geisweiler Brut Sparkling for the adults and Nature’s Nectar Sparkling Apple Cider & Sparkling Red Grape Juice Cocktail for the kids for New Year’s Eve. They all sound delicious and like a great way to celebrate the new year.
Since we’ve been so busy this holiday season we plan to keep the New Year’s Eve festivities simple but fun. Dave loves ham so it’d be fun to surprise him with a n Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced 1/2 Ham from ALDI and dress it up in an apple cider and balsamic glaze. If my mom were able to attend, I’d love to pick up the Specially Selected Brie and Havarti cheeses from ALDI as well. She loves Brie and I’d love to make a delicious appetizer with these cheeses.
No matter what we end up doing it should be a fun and delicious evening thanks to great selection and affordable prices at ALDI.
What about you? How have your holidays been? Do you have any plans for New Year’s Eve this year?