This is one of my favorite holiday recipes. I made it a few years ago and it’s now become a tradition that I look forward to making every year. It’s incredibly easy, is ready in just a few minutes, and is so full of festive flavor that it’s always a hit with holiday guests too.
- 1 bag of butter flavored microwave popcorn
- 1 (10 oz) bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- 10-15 Oreos
- Unwrap the Kisses and put them in a microwaveable safe bowl
- Crumble the cookies either with your hands or put them in a zipper bag, close it, and roll a rolling pin over the the bag to crush. The rolling pin will give smaller pieces and doing it hand will give larger chunks
- Pop the popcorn
- Pour the popcorn into a medium size bowl. To eliminate any kernals pour the popcorn slowly into another medium size bowl, making sure to leave the kernals at the bottom of the first bowl.
- Pour the popcorn into an oversized bowl (this will come in handy when mixing otherwise you may end up with popocorn all over the counter and floor).
- Sprinkle the crumbled or crushed Oreos over the popcorn. Mix well.
- Melt the Kisses in the microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and stir. Melt again for 20 seconds and stir again. If necessary heat and stir at 10 second intervals being careful not to overheat.
- Pour the melted Kisses over the popcorn. Mix well.
- It may be a bit sticky at this point. If you let it sit the chocolate will harden and it won’t be as sticky. If you are in a hurry pop the bowl into the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: