The holidays are around the corner and it’s one of my favorite times of the year. While I miss the warm weather and blue skies of summer, I always look forward to making delicious festive recipes for everyone to enjoy. That’s why I’m excited to share this fantastic and fun recipe for Candy Cane Baked Donuts.
Truthfully I’ve always been intimidated at the thought of making homemade donuts but these are actually pretty easy and delicious too! You just used a donut baking pan, it’s a must have for homemade donuts. After they bake top them with few holiday sprinkles for a fantastic, festive, holiday surprise.
Who knew it could be so simple and so fun to make your own donuts? It’s time to start baking, to eat, and enjoy!
- 2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice or White Vinegar
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 10 drops Wilton White White Icing Color
- Wilton Candy Cane Decorations
- Add lemon juice to milk (buttermilk substitute).
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray donut pan
- Combine dry donut ingredients in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fill each ring about 2/3 but make sure it doesn’t top center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl just big enough to dip donuts, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip top of donut in glaze.
- Hold above bowl allowing excess to drip off.
- Place donut on wax paper or return to cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with decorations before continuing with next donut.