Product provided for review. The honest opinions are our own.
We love Buffalo Chicken Dip. Recently I discovered that there are many delicious ways to add flare to a typical recipe simple by adding a buffalo chicken twist. A couple of weeks back, I came across a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese. I thought it sounded flavorful & unique so we decided to give it a try.
We decided to add our own special touch by mixing in portobello mushrooms as well.
The recipe turned out amazing!
It had a bit of kick to it, but the nice thing is you can use as much or as little of the Frank’s RedHot THICK Sauce to raise or lessen the level of heat. Using the thick sauce instead of the original worked well because when it mixed with the cheese it added a thicker & richer consistency than the original would have.
I loved the addition of the mushrooms because while it gave the dish a gourmet look & taste, the classic buffalo chicken dip flavor would still make it a crowd favorite at any football party.
- 1 package of Macaroni & Cheese Homestyle
- 1 cup of rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup of Frank’s RedHot THICK Sauce (or to desired heat level)
- 1/2 cup of portobello mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cook the Macaroni & Cheese Homestyle as directed on the package.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken & mushrooms. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add red hot sauce to skillet. Cook 2 more minutes.
- Combine the macaroni & cheese and the chicken & mushroom mixture in pie plate and mix thoroughly.
- Bake in the oven as directed on the package (approximately 15 minutes).