One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh fruit, especially berries. Here in Michigan it can be tough to find delicious fruit year round so I’m always excited for summer and its flavorful fruits and vegetables.
The other day Dave brought home a bunch of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries and I thought it would be fun to make a simple pie with them.
You know how much I like an easy recipe that turns out well. This one qualifies. The step that took the longest to prepare it was cutting up the strawberries. Once it was ready, it looked beautiful and everyone couldn’t wait to cut a slice!
I would definitely make this pie again. It would be perfect for after school snacks, picnics, barbecues, potlucks, and more. It’s red, white, & blue colors make it a perfect for patriotic holidays too like Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
Next time you find yourself with extra ripe berries on hand, give this pie a try.
Berries & Cream Pie
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a 9″ pie pan with cooking spray.
- Line pie pan with the pie crust
- Pour the blueberries and blackberries into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Dice the strawberries and add them to the bowl.
- Add sugar to the bowl and stir well.
- Pour the berries into the pie crust and pour the cream on top. Add more cream if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: