Is your family full of big breakfast eaters? Mine is. Dave, Kora, & Logan all love breakfast. Whether it’s cereal, eggs & bacon, or pancakes drizzled in syrup they all look forward to breakfast and can’t wait to start the day with a big meal. I, on the other hand, am not a big breakfast person. For some reason I’m never really hungry until mid-morning so I often don’t eat until then.
I’ve been trying to change my ways though because I know how important breakfast is and the benefits of it that last throughout the day.
I was happy to see how easy these breakfast biscuits were to make and we all thought they were flavorful and wonderful served warm. The applesauce provided a nice light sweet flavor that we all enjoyed.
The kids and Dave were pleased with them because they could eat a couple along with banana, orange, or grapefruit and have a filling, delicious breakfast. I liked them because if I’m not really hungry I can have one at breakfast with everyone else and then have another later when my appetite wakes up a bit.
The biscuits were a big hit for breakfast and they also make a great after school snack too. I look forward to making these again soon and enjoying them for breakfast and at snack time.
Apple Cheddar & Ham Breakfast Biscuits
- 1 (16 oz) can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 2/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3.5 oz) package cubed boneless ham
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate biscuits. Press each into a 4-inch circle and place on a baking sheet.
- Spread applesauce over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with ham.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden.