It’s time for another App of the Week. I’m excited about this app because we area a family that travels frequently and this app makes tracking flights in real time lots of fun. We recently had two perfect opportunities to use the FlightTrack 5 app. Dave went out to Seattle for a few days and then when he and I went down to Panama City Beach we took different flights back. His flight was delayed an entire day due to the Polar Vortex and both times the kids and I were able to watch his plane make it’s way back home.
Here’s a look at some screenshots I took of the Denver to Seattle leg of his flight.
As you can see the reason we love the app so much is for the ability to follow a flight live and for the detail of what you are flying over. If you visit the FlightTrack site you can see a demo on the home page of what a plane looks like in motion.
I like that you can see an overview of the plane’s path or you can zoom in to see incredible details.
Other features of FlightTrack 5 include:
- Real time departure info including gate numbers and delays
- Push alerts to notify you on flight changes even when the app is closed
- Share your flight status by email, iMessage/SMS, Facebook, and Twitter
- Add flight notes for your confirmation numbers, flight numbers, and more
- Find out if your flight has onboard wifi
- Specify all travelers on a trip so you can see who who is on which flights
The FlightTrack 5 app covers more than 3,000 airports and 1,400 airlines worldwide. It makes tracking your flights in real time fun. It’s great for kids too. They can see exactly where loved ones are as they fly and it’s a geography lesson as well. We recommend this app to anyone who travels frequently or to those that have frequent fliers in the family.