Back to school season is here and Kora & Logan are counting down the days until school starts. While they are enjoying their last few days of summer (even though it’s freezing here in Michigan today!), they can’t wait to find out who their teachers are and to see which of their friends will be in class with them. They are also having fun doing their back-to-school shopping.
Amazon Kindle For Kids Bundle received.
We have loaded up on pencils, erasers, folders, and more and were excited to be sent for review Amazon Kindle For Kids Bundle.
The Kindle For Kids Bundle includes:
- The latest Kindle without sponsored screensavers
- A kid-friendly cover
- A 2 year warranty from SquareTrade
As a mom of two young kids, I like that the Amazon Kindle For Kids Bundle comes with a two-year worry free guarantee from SquareTrade which means if anything happens you can return the tablet to Amazon and they will replace it for free – no questions asked.
The Amazon Fire HD Kids Edition is a full fledged tablet that has a quad-core processor, a vivid high definition display, and more. It also has 6″ display with Pearl e-paper technology.
Here’s a video overview of some of my favorite features:
Here’s closer look at some of the features:
- Lightens kids’ backpacks – students can download thousands of books for reading at home, at school, and on the go
- One Year Free of Free Time App – with this app kids get unlimited access to 5,000 books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games, also parents can block access to entertainment content such as games and cartoons until educational goals are met; the app also awards kids badges for time spent reading
- Highlight Book Passages – kids can easily highlight key passages in books for book reports
- Word Wise – provides short and simple definitions above words so kids don’t lose momentum while reading
- Smart Look Up – integrate entries from The New Oxford American Dictionary with information from X–Ray and Wikipedia, so kids can access definitions and character information as you go
- Vocabulary Builder – compiles all the words a reader looks up in a easy access list, kids can use the list to study later and quiz themselves using flashcards
- Time To Read – kids will know how long it will take them to finish a chapter or the rest of the book; this feature is personalized based on their reading speed which is very helpful on those nights when homework is stacking up
- Household Profiles – allows the Fire Kids HD tablet to be shared with one additional adult and up to four kids and each member of the family can adjust their settings based on personal preferences and content
- Kindle Owners Lending Library – with Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can choose from more than 800,000 books to borrow for free with no due dates, including current and former best sellers, and classics typically found on students’ reading lists
- More Than 250,000 Children’s Books – plus it’s easy to borrow digital copies of books from your local library
- Other Educational Apps – like TenMarks kids can work on their math skills anywhere
- Search By Character – younger kids can search before they know how to type by using characters: for example tap on images for princesses, dinosaurs, or cars
- No Annoying Glare – even in bright sunlight
- Long Lasting Battery – which is great for busy families
I love that the Amazon Kindle Fire HD Kids Edition has fantastic parental controls so kids won’t access inappropriate content or websites, or accidentally make purchases. The Kindle FreeTime app blocks access to browsing and searching the Kindle Store, access to the internet, access to Wikipedia, and disables social sharing.
The kid-friendly cover is light and won’t add unnecessary weight, it also has a textured back which helps prevent accidental drops. It’s precision molded to fit the device and guard against scratches and mild impact while still allowing access to the touchscreen and all ports and buttons. It also comes in several colorful choices.
The Amazon Kindle For Kids Bundle and the Amazon Fire HD Kids Edition tablet is a fantastic, fun, and educational way for your kids to get excited about back-to-school. With many great features, its kid friendly format, books, games, apps, and videos and impressive parental controls your kids will have fun while learning at the same time.