Whenever we visit my parents in Michigan, my mom loves to make pancakes with the kids. She doesn’t just make plain pancakes though. She has the kids pick out different flavors to mix in: vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, and even almond.
Then while we are eating, we guess which pancakes have which flavors and vote for those we like best. You’d think the chocolate would win hands down, but everyone always loves the almond. That’s why I’m excited to work with Blue Diamond on this sponsored recipe as well as our honest opinions. Inspired by my mom’s taste tests, I decided to put a different spin on mom’s pancakes and instead of adding almond flavoring, I used Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk.
The pancakes came out so light and fluffy and, true to the title of the recipe, they were amazing!
We all loved these pancakes so much, they were gone in minutes! We even enjoyed a glass of Almond Breeze along with our pancakes. Kora and Logan thought it was delicious and asked for seconds. I’m excited to have tried cooking with almond milk and will definitely be doing so again soon.
Amazing Almond Pancakes
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Turn on stove burner to Low. Coat skillet lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in milk and eggs. Whisk until lumps are gone.
- Let batter stand 5 minutes.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet. Once bubbles form, flip pancakes. Cook until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup and enjoy!
I was also excited to learn that Almond Breeze products are dairy, soy, egg, peanut, gluten free, and vegan. While we don’t have any allergies in our family, this is great to know because a few of Kora and Logan’s classmates do and if they come over, I now know what to serve or bake with. Almond Breeze almond milk is also a great source of calcium and vitamins D & E and it’s only 60 calories per serving.