With spring here and Easter around the corner it’s a fun time of year to get in the kitchen. This adorable Oreo Bunnies recipe is sure to get a lot of smiles. It’s perfect for spring themed parties or as a cute after school treat.
I love that this recipe is easier than you would think. To start melt the chocolate and cut the marshmallows.
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 5-6 large marshmallows for ears
- spring colored sprinkles (I used pink, purple and light green)
- white frosting
- small candy hearts for noses (you could also substitute pink mini marshmallow halves)
- black edible marker (found in the Wilton section at local craft stores or Walmart/Meijer)
- Candy eyes (also found in the Wilton section)
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the white candy melts in 30 second increments. Stir after every 30 seconds until melted.
- Let cool 2-3 minute before dipping the cookies.
- While the chocolate is cooling, use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut each marshmallow in thirds and set aside. Dip the sticky side into the sprinkle color of your choice and set aside.
- Dip one cookie at a time into the chocolate one at a time completely covering with chocolate. Lift out with a fork and the let the excess chocolate drip off. Lay on wax paper or a foil lined cookie sheet for easy clean up.
- Using the candy heart (or ½ of a mini pink marshmallow) and the candy eyes to make a face on the bunny. Repeat this process for all the sandwich cookies.
- Place the cookies into the fridge to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set, use the black edible marker to make the bunny’s mouth on each cookie.
- Using a butter knife or small spatula, dab a small amount of white frosting onto the top edge of each cookie. Take two marshmallows you cut and dipped in sprinkles and stick them into the frosting sprinkle side up to make the bunny’s ears.
- Repeat this process with all the cookies.
- Once each bunny has ears and an entire face place in the fridge to set. Once the frosting hardens it will act like glue for the bunny ears.
*Makes 20 cookies. 1 cookie = 1 serving.
Store 2-3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. *I don’t recommend storing on the counter as the frosting will not hold.
What about you? What is your favorite spring recipe?
If you liked this, you may also enjoy: